The Kings Park and Botanic Garden Management Plan 2014 - 2019 was approved by the Hon Albert Jacob, Minister for Environment and Heritage in October 2014.
The plan builds upon previous documents and achievements to identify priorities for the 2009 - 2014 period.
As funding allows, major initiatives for Kings Park and Botanic Garden include:
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Western Australian Botanic Garden in 2015 with a range of special community events and commemorate the milestone with the development of new landscape features near the Botanic Garden entry.
- Plan and implement improvements at Lotterywest Family Area, Hale Oval and Synergy Parkland to enhance visitor facilities such as paths, play equipment, shelter and associated planting.
- Conduct ecological restoration activities, incorporating volunteer involvement where appropriate, to conserve and enhance local native biodiversity.
- Allow a pedestrian link bridge over Winthrop Avenue from the new Perth Children’s Hospital to the edge of Kings Park bushland, and provide new bushland entry statements and upgraded path surfaces to enhance bushland experience.
- Plan and construct dedicated volunteer facilities in part of the Eucalyptus Carpark to facilitate improved volunteer engagement and active involvement in expanded volunteer programs throughout the park.
- Develop a park-wide tree management strategy to manage public safety risks and conserve the living tree collection throughout Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
You can view or download an online version of the plan below or obtain a hard copy by contacting Kings Park Administration: