Active research programs cover diverse ecosystems across Western Australia from the south coast to the Kimberley, and include coastal dune systems, mediterranean forests and woodlands, kwongan heathlands, semi-arid and arid rangelands, and vernal pools and wetlands.
Current Seed Science research projects are:
- Restoration Seedbank Initiative. (2013 - 2017) Chief investigators: Prof. Kingsley Dixon, Dr David Merritt, Mr Todd Erickson, Dr Miriam Muñoz-Rojas and Dr Shane Turner. Industry partner: BHP Billiton Iron Ore.
- Pilbara Restoration Initiative. (2013 - 2016) Collaborators: Dr Anne Mathews (BGPA) and Prof Kingsley Dixon (BGPA/UWA). Industry partner: BHP Billiton Iron Ore.
- Integrated conservation of Ricinocarpos brevis. (2013 - 2018) Chief investigator: Dr Shane Turner. Industry partner: Cliffs Asia Pacific Iron Ore Pty Ltd.
- Integrated conservation of Androcalva perlaria. (2010 - 2016) Chief investigator: Dr Shane Turner. Industry partner: Grange Resources.
- The Pilbara Seed Atlas: seed resource management for restoration in the Pilbara. (2008 - 2014) Chief investigators: Mr Todd Erickson, Dr David Merritt, Dr Shane Turner and Prof Kingsley Dixon. Industry partner: BHP Billiton Iron Ore.