Current Research Projects
Active research programs cover diverse ecosystems across Western Australia from the south coast to the Kimberley, and include coastal dune systems, mediterranean forests and woodlands, kwongan heathlands, semi-arid and arid rangelands, and vernal pools and wetlands.
Current Seed Science research projects are:
- Restoration Seedbank Initiative. (2013 - 2017) Chief investigators: Prof. Kingsley Dixon, Dr David Merritt, Mr Todd Erickson, Dr Miriam Muñoz-Rojas and Dr Shane Turner. Industry partner: BHP Billiton Iron Ore.
- Pilbara Restoration Initiative. (2013 - 2016) Collaborators: Dr Anne Mathews (BGPA) and Prof Kingsley Dixon (BGPA/UWA). Industry partner: BHP Billiton Iron Ore.
- Integrated conservation of Ricinocarpos brevis. (2013 - 2016) Chief investigator: Dr Shane Turner. Industry partner: Cliffs Asia Pacific Iron Ore Pty Ltd.
- Integrated conservation of Androcalva perlaria. (2010 - 2014) Chief investigator: Dr Shane Turner. Industry partner: Grange Resources.
- The Pilbara Seed Atlas: seed resource management for restoration in the Pilbara. (2008 - 2014) Chief investigators: Mr Todd Erickson, Dr David Merritt, Dr Shane Turner and Prof Kingsley Dixon. Industry partner: BHP Billiton Iron Ore.