Mr Bob Dixon
- Manager Biodiversity and Extensions
Kings Park and Botanic Garden
Fraser Avenue West Perth Kings Park 6005
- (+61 8) 9480 3628
- (+61 8) 9480 3641
- Propagation and cultivation of Declared Rare Flora
- Translocation of rare flora to degraded and natural ecosystems
- Bushland management
- Management of environmental weeds in degraded and natural ecosystems
2009 Australian Native Plants Award (Professional Category).
2000 Golden Gecko award for environmental excellence.
- Translocation of the Sticky Eremophila Eremophila resinosa into degraded ecosystems at Westonia WA.
- Translocation of the Critically Endangered Bancroft’s Symonathus Symonanthus bancroftii.
- Translocation of the Critically Endangered Corrigin Grevillea Grevillea scapigera
- Translocation of four species of Declared Rare Flora from the Scott Coastal Plain Ironstone Community to the BHP Billiton Beenup Rehabilitation Project
- Translocation of Verticordia lindleyi subsp. lindleyi.
Dixon B (2012) Can soil wetters assist germination rates in degraded ecosystems and improve seedling survival in dry environments. SERA, Perth WA Nov 28-30 p 50.
Dixon B (2012) Control of Wards weed Carrichtera annua on rare species tranlocation sites at Westonia in the eastern Wheatbelt of Western Australia. 18th Australian Weed Conference, Melbourne 8-10 Oct 2012. Pub. Weed Soc. Victoria, p 57-58.
Turner S, Best C, Dixon B, Dixon K (2012) Seed ecology of two endangered West Australian plant species Androcalva perlaria (Malvaceae) and Symonanthus bancroftii (Solanaceae). SERA, Perth WA Nov 28-30 p 97.
Godefroid S, Piazza C, Rossi G, Buord S, Stevens AD, Aguraiula R, Cowell C, Weekley CW, Vogg G, Iriondo JM, Johnson I, Dixon B, Gordon D, Magnanon S, Velentin B, Bjureke K, Koopman R, Vicens M, Virevaire M, Vanderborght T (2011) How successful are plant species reintroductions? Biological Conservation 144: 672-682.
Dixon IR (2006) Control of Arctotheca calendula amongst the critically endangered Corrigin Grevillea Grevillea scapigera on translocation sites in the Wheatbelt of Western Australia p 288-90. Proceedings of the 15th Australian Weeds Conference, eds C. Preston, J.H. Watts and N.D. Crossman (Weed Management Society of South Australia, Adelaide).
Dixon B and Krauss S (2004).The Grevillea scapigera case study. Chapter 9. In Vallee, L., Hogbin, T., Monks, L., Makinson, B., Matthes, M. and Rossetto, M (2004). Guidelines for the translocation of threatened plants in Australia (2nd. Edn) pp. 65-69. Australian Network for Plant Conservation, Canberra.
Krauss SL, Dixon B and Dixon KW (2002). Rapid genetic decline in a translocated population of the rare and endangered Grevillea scapigera (Proteaceae). Conservation Biology 16: 986-994.
Meney K, Dixon B and Moonie P (2002). Control of bridal creeper Asparagus asparagoides on Kings Park Scarp and limiting factors on its growth and spread. Thirteenth Australian Weeds Conference, Perth, W.A. (Eds. Spafford Jacob, H., Dodd, J. and Moore, J.H.) p. 113-116.
Dixon IR, Dixon KW and Barrett M (2002). Eradication of buffel grass (Cenchrus ciliaris) on Airlie Island, Pilbara Coast, Western Australia. In Turning the tide: the eradication of invasive species p. 92-101. IUCN SSC Invasive Species Specialist Group (Eds Veitch, C.R. and Clout, M.N.).