Do you see smoke? A small controlled fire is taking place in Kings Park today for scientific research.Read more ...
Bold Park is one of the largest remaining bushland reserves in the metropolitan area. From woodlands to coastal dunes, the park is a sanctuary for people, plants and wildlife. It offers a unique setting to enjoy the bush and get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, in the heart of the Western suburbs. With 15 kilometres of walking trails, there are plenty opportunities for bushwalking and enjoying nature.
In order to get the most out of your visit to Bold Park, please refer to the Visitor Checklist below.
- Dogs are permitted provided they are restrained on a leash no longer than two metres. Dog owners must clean up after their animal and dispose of the waste in a bin.
- Portable barbecues are not permitted for safety reasons. There are no barbecue areas in Bold Park, however facilities are available across Perry Lakes Drive at the Perry Lakes Picnic Area.
- Cycling is limited to Scenic Walk and Scenic Drive. Please observe a (40 kph speed limit) on Scenic Drive. Scenic Walk is a designated shared use pedestrian/cycle path (15 kph speed limit; uphill only for cyclists) so please keep left and give way to pedestrians.
- Keep updated on notices that will affect your visit to Bold Park. This is particularly important for all weekend visitors and function guests.
- For visitors with mobility problems, parking for the disabled (ACROD permit holders only) is available at Reabold Hill and in the Western Australian Ecology Centre carparks. Refer to the Bold Park visitor map for carpark locations.
- Parking is limited and reserved for park visitors only. Parking your vehicle in Bold Park and then leaving the park is not permitted. Please adhere to parking signs and do not park on lawns, over kerbs or on footpaths. Ensure your valuables are kept with you at all times.
- Bold Park actively supports TravelSmart methods of travelling. Consider using public transport on your next visit.
- Sunshelters and marquees are not permitted regardless of weather conditions. Exemptions for booked events require written permission.
- Decorations, banners, balloons and other similar items are not to be attached to trees, shelters and other fixed structures.
- Rubbish bins are limited. To preserve the high standards of the park, you are encouraged to take your rubbish with you and recycle.
- Toilet facilities, drinking fountains and other amenities are not provided in Bold Park. Refer to Venues and Facilities for further information.
- It is advisable to carry a torch if you are visiting Bold Park after dark.
- Have a question? Please contact us with any feedback you may have on your visit.
- Last Updated: 14 November 2014