Maps and Transport
Bold Park is located near one of Perth's popular coastal beaches and easy to get to by private vehicle or public transport. There are two main entry points along main roads - Oceanic Drive or Perry Lakes Drive, Floreat. Once in Bold Park, there are several visitor carparks an numerous walking trails.
The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority actively supports Travelsmart methods of travelling. Transperth bus route 81 travels along Oceanic Drive near the Western Australian Ecology Centre daily.
There are a number of public transport options depending on your starting point and individual needs. Visit the Transperth website or call 13 62 13 for more information.
There are four formal carparks for Bold Park:
- The main carpark, the most northern along Perry Lakes Drive, provides entry to the Western Australian Ecology Centre and Bold Park Administration, the Wildflower Society of Western Australia and the Friends of Bold Park Bushland (in Perry House) and Birds Australia (in Peregrine House). Disabled parking is available.
- The Reabold Hill carpark is accessed along Scenic Drive to the top of Reabold Hill and provides ideal parking for the short-term visitor, interested in appreciating the view or walking to the summit lookout via the raised boardwalk. Disabled parking is available.
Please note that vehicle access to Reabold Hill is restricted to the following times:
1 April to 31 October 7.00 am to 6.00 pm
1 November to 31 March 6.00 am to 8.00 pm
Vehicle access to the car park is locked at the times indicated but pedestrian and cyclist access is available at all times. It is advisable to carry a torch with you if you are visiting after dark.
- Tuart car park on Perry Lakes Drive provides a convenient entry point to the walking trails of the park and the entrance to the interpretive Camel Lake Heritage trail.
- Camel Lake car park, the most southern along Perry Lakes Drive, provides convenient access to the internal walking trails. This is also the formal entry point for the bridle trail and, as such, the only car park where horse floats are permitted.
- An informal car park is also located at the corner of West Coast Highway and Rochdale Road, which provides access to the southern walk trails.
Cycling is a great way to see Bold Park, with obvious health, environmental and economical benefits.
Bicycles are only permitted on the Reabold Hill Scenic Drive (40kph). Please note that due to safety and conservation issues, cycling is not permitted on any of the internal trails in Bold Park.
Most transport around Bold Park is conducted by foot along walking trails. You may like to take a guided walk with the Friends of Bold Park Bushland.
Minor road closures and detours take place during events throughout the year. Notices of upcoming closures of roads, carparks and services are updated regularly.
The Authority is required to issue infringements for breaches to the Regulations and penalties may apply. If you have received an infringement from the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority, please refer to the Infringements section for more information.
- Last Updated: 16 December 2013