Opened by the Premier, the Hon Colin Barnett, on 15 April 2011, the Place of Reflection was created to be a tranquil area that is both transformative and restorative; a landmark location where all people who have suffered loss or trauma can seek understanding, peace, healing, hope and renewal.
Situated within the Place of Reflection in the Western Australian Botanic Garden, the Marlee Pavilion is stunning, spacious and easily accessible. It has wonderful views over the Swan River, Canning River and Darling Scarp and is surrounded by the bushland of the Mt Eliza Escarpment and the beautifully landscaped Roe Gardens. Due to the unique nature of this venue, special conditions apply.
- Suited to
- Memorial services, community groups, weddings, film and photography
- 80 people (with additional space in Roe Gardens)
- Roe Carpark, Forrest Drive
- Easily accessed from Roe Carpark with hard-surfaced pathways
- City Sightseeing Bus stop nearby
- Short walk to toilets at carpark
- Limited bench seating throughout the area
- Approximately 1 km to Fraser Avenue precinct or 2 km to Synergy Parkland
- Not available
- Booking times
- Available 9.00 am - 6.00 pm daily, except during the summer concert season
Special conditions apply. Two areas of use provided in one booking (Marlee Pavilion and Roe Gardens).
Fees and charges are detailed in the Place of Reflection application form, available to download below or from Kings Park Administration. Please complete the application form and refer to Make a Booking. Contact the Bookings Officer for further information.
- Western Australian Botanic Garden