Due to very high fire danger conditions, Naturescape is closed and Kings Park afternoon guided walks are cancelled.Read more...
Vietnam Memorial Pavilion
The Vietnam Memorial Pavilion was originally constructed at Karrakatta Cemetery in 1899 and then relocated to its current position in 1988. The relocation was the result of the efforts of the Australian Vietnam Forces Memorial Trust, who raised the funds and created the impetus for its relocation to Kings Park. It was recognised that the pavilion would provide a much needed picnic shelter for all park users, as well as a place for contemplation for friends and relatives of the veterans who gave their lives during the Vietnam War.
Set within a beautiful grassed area, overlooking the lake, this venue offers a large shelter, proximity to the interpretive playground, BBQ facilities, parking and toilets. Zamia Cafe is located nearby and is available for catering. Please note that activities conducted within this pavilion must not compromise or show any disrespect for the Memorial.
- Suited to
- Memorial services, social and family functions, community groups, weddings, film and photography
- 150 people
- May Drive parking, directly behind venue
- Immediate access to venue via May Drive parking
- City Sightseeing Bus stop nearby
- Close facilities at Zamia Cafe
- Not available
- Available close by at Zamia Cafe
- Available to all park users; cannot be reserved as part of your booking
- Booking times
- Available 9.00 am - 6.00 pm daily
- Please contact the Bookings Officer
- Synergy Parkland