The Vietnam Memorial Pavilion was originally constructed at Karrakatta Cemetery in 1899 and then relocated to its current position in 1988. The relocation was the result of the efforts of the Australian Vietnam Forces Memorial Trust, who raised the funds and created the impetus for its relocation to Kings Park. It was recognised that the pavilion would provide a much needed picnic shelter for all park users, as well as a place for contemplation for friends and relatives of the veterans who gave their lives during the Vietnam War.
Set within a beautiful grassed area, overlooking the lake, this venue offers a large shelter, proximity to the interpretive playground, BBQ facilities, parking and toilets. Zamia Cafe is located nearby and is available for catering. Please note that activities conducted within this pavilion must not compromise or show any disrespect for the Memorial.
|Features||Beautiful surroundings, easy access and proximity to all facilities|
|Access||Immediate access to venue via May Drive parking|
|Parking||May Drive parking, directly behind venue|
|Toilets||Close facilities at Zamia Cafe or Bovell Kiosk|
||Please contact the Bookings Officer.|