Wollemi Pine Lawn
Thought to be extinct for millions of years, the Wollemi Pine (Wollemia nobilis) was discovered growing in a deep, dark hidden valley in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales in 1994 and is fenced for protection.
Tucked away from the more crowded areas, this shaded area, overlooks the Arthur Fairall Playground. The open grassed area beckons visitors to walk up the Broadwalk vista and climb the DNA tower.
Please note: the Wollemi Pine Lawn accommodates up to 100 people during the outdoor cinema season (Dec-Mar) and up to 150 people at other times, due to the fence restrictions.
- Suited to
- Social and family functions, community groups, corporate functions, weddings, film and photography
- 100 - 150 people
- May Drive parking
- Approximately 350 m to venue via May Drive parking; may be unsuitable for visitors with limited mobility
- City Sightseeing Bus stop nearby on May Drive
- Close facilities at Bovell Kiosk
- Available at BBQ
- Not available
- Available close by at Bovell Kiosk and Zamia Cafe
- Available to all park users; cannot be reserved as part of your booking
- Booking times
- Available 9.00 am - 6.00 pm daily
- Please contact the Bookings Officer
- Synergy Parkland
- Last Updated: 29 May 2014