Things to do
There are plenty of things to do in Rio Tinto Naturescape in Kings Park. Climb a tree hide for a birds-eye view. What can you see?
- Make a mud pie at The Spring.
- Climb the rocks over the Tuart Tunnel.
- Make yourself a bush necklace.
- Weave a giant nest in the Prickly Thicket.
- Have a leaf-boat race in Paperbark Creek.
- Find a quiet place listen to the sounds of bush.
How many can you hear?
- Count how many different birds you see at the Lotterywest Bushbase.
What are they doing?
- Pretend to be a bilby hiding from a dingo.
Where can you hide?
- Search for dragonflies on Boomerang Bridge.
- Build a mia-mia or cubby.
- Follow an ant trail in Kulunga Gully.
Where does it go?
- Find the smallest flower.
- Venture into the web at The Tangle.
Think about how nature is like a tangled web.
- Make a bush picture in the sand.
- Create a twig sculpture.
- Listen for frog calls or spot a tadpole or a dragonfly at the Water Corporation Wetland.
- Look carefully for birds in their nests.
Have you got a great idea you'd like to share? Contact us and tell us about it...