There are a number of small ornamental eucalypts that you can try your hand at growing at home. These ten eucalypts were selected by Kings Park Horticulturists with assistance from the Kings Park Volunteer Master Gardeners.
Plant notes are available for each of the featured eucalypts and can be downloaded below.
Top ten small ornamental eucalypts for the home gardener
- Silver Princess - Eucalyptus caesia 121.19 KB
- Beard's Mallee - Eucalyptus beardiana 110.56 KB
- Bell-fruited Mallee - Eucalyptus preissiana 108.35 KB
- Bookleaf Mallee - Eucalyptus kruseana 106.62 KB
- Coral Gum - Eucalyptus torquata 127.29 KB
- Kingsmill's Mallee - Eucalyptus kingsmillii 104.75 KB
- Pear-fruited Mallee - Eucalyptus pyriformis 104.4 KB
- Small-leaved Mottlecah - Eucalyptus macrocarpa subsp. elachantha 155.52 KB
- Square-fruited Mallet - Eucalyptus brandiana146.27 KB
- Western Coolibah - Eucalyptus victrix138.66 KB
These species may be available at the next Friends of Kings Park Native Plant Sale.
If you'd like to view an example of each tree, you can download the map below to find their location within Kings Park and Botanic Garden.