This venue remains a hidden treasure at the end of the State Botanic Garden. A tranquil and shady setting, it features the Roe memorial which bears a bronze plate depicting one of the earliest maps of Perth. Built in 1956 and constructed of hewn granite in hexagonal form, it was named after John Septimus Roe; who was responsible for surveying and apportioning the land in Perth.
This gently sloping site offers tranquil, shady grassed areas with spectacular views and the stunning Place of Reflection. Due to the unique nature of this venue, special conditions apply.
- Suited to
- Memorial services, community groups, weddings
- 100 people
- Roe Carpark, Forrest Drive
- Easily accessed from Roe Carpark with hard-surfaced pathways
- City Sightseeing Bus stop nearby
- Short walk to toilets at carpark
- Limited bench seating throughout the area.
- Approximately 1 km to Fraser Avenue precinct or 2 km to Synergy Parkland
- Not available
- Booking times
- Available 9.00 am - 6.00 pm daily, except during the summer concert season
Special conditions apply. Two areas of use provided in one booking (Marlee Pavilion and Roe Gardens).
Fees and charges are detailed in the Place of Reflection application form, available to download below or from Kings Park Administration. Please complete the application form and refer to Make a Booking. Contact the Bookings Officer for further information.
- Last Updated: 19 November 2014