Due to very high fire danger conditions, Naturescape is closed and Kings Park afternoon guided walks are cancelled.Read more...
The Authority welcomes those wishing to participate in healthy activities and has a number of ovals and grassed areas suitable for sporting events within Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
A sporting event is classified as an event organised by a club, school, charity or business and includes: races; time trials; cycling; fun-runs; walk-a-thons; orienteering; cross-country; and team building activities. No booking is required for individuals to participate in recreational activities such as jogging, walking or cycling.
Sporting event organisers must comply with the Terms and Conditions and Botanic Gardens and Parks Regulations 1999. Specific regulations include:
Part 5, 27. Unauthorised trading
(2) A person must not, without permission, on the designated land provide any service or conduct any business or activity for fee or reward.
Part 5, 30. Sporting events
(1) A person must not, without permission, organise or hold any sporting event on the designated land.
Please note specific conditions for Sporting Events:
- All organised sporting events or commercial fitness activities require written permission from the Authority. A copy of the permission should be on hand at all times.
- The organiser, participants and contractors are required to obey any directions given by Authority staff if a risk to park or public safety is determined.
- Sporting events are restricted to certain areas and designated roads and tracks within the park including Hale Oval, Saw Avenue and Synergy Parkland (refer to Sport and Fitness brochure). Track availability may change at the Authority’s discretion for maintenance and conservation purposes.
- Participants must remain on pathways and grassed areas at all times. Tracks under restoration are strictly out of bounds and no barriers, bollards or fences should be removed. Participants must keep to the approved route to protect the conservation of the bushland.
- All equipment, course markers or orienteering controls must be free-standing and placed on the edge of designated trails to limit damage to vegetation and other park users.
- Marking the ground or turf is prohibited.
Fees and charges are detailed in the Sporting Events application pack, available to download below or from Kings Park Administration in printed form. Please complete the application form within the pack and refer to Make a Booking to proceed with your venue booking.
Please contact the Bookings Officer for further information and assistance.
- Last Updated: 09 December 2014