Explore the wonders of the bush
Become an explorer, using your senses to discover the wonders of the bush. Investigate the natural environment, developing observational skills and vocabulary in a series of hands-on activities. Can you find something small, something shiny and something rough? Can you use matching skills to find the colours of your own bush rainbow in the natural materials around you? A sense of curiosity is essential for this interactive program.
'(The highlight was) getting the children to really listen, smell, feel and look at plants and animals in the bush.' - Kindergarten Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Discuss how they have different senses that they use to explore and find out about the world
- Use their senses to explore a bushland environment
- Find and sort different natural materials on the basis of observable properties
- Use matching to find certain colours in natural materials
- Use natural materials to create an artwork to take home.
Australian Curriculum Links
Kings Park Education Programs complement learning outcomes of the Australian Curriculum.
Bookings are essential and fees apply.