The fascinating story of Kings Park
Travel through time to learn about the first people in Kings Park and how they used its plants and animals for food, shelter and medicine. Learn the Nyoongar names for plants and animals, explore Aboriginal ceremonies and hear about the first European explorers. Engage in role play and make a journey stick to reinforce this trip through time, remembering the important people and events that have shaped Kings Park and Western Australia.
'A great learning journey. The children were fascinated!' - Year 5 Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Discover the history of Kings Park
- Understand the importance of Kings Park to Nyoongar people
- Discover how Nyoongars used plants and animals for food, medicine and shelter
- Learn the story of the first Europeans to reach this land through dramatisation
- Create a journey stick to record their personal journey through Kings Park and Botanic Garden.
Bookings are essential and fees apply.