Discovering plant parts, pollinators and life cycles
Take a close look as you examine the characteristics of some amazing native plants and discover what makes a plant a living thing. Investigate plants at the different stages of their life cycles and explore the ways plants and animals depend on each other for survival. Students take part in hands-on activities and a lifecycle scavenger hunt.
'Absolutely love this excursion. It's a Plant's life is so informative and so well linked to our class topic.' - Year 4 Teacher
'Thank you so much for providing this outstanding experience for our students so they can appreciate our beautiful and very special Australian flora!' - Year 4 Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Understand plants are living things that grow, move, are sensitive to the environment and reproduce
- Observe the characteristics of plants as they develop through their life cycles
- Recognise that environmental factors can affect life cycles (such as fire and seed germination)
- Recognise there is a range of different kinds of plants
- Understand plants and animals depend on each other and the environment to survive
- Understand the interactions between plants and animals can be mutually beneficial.
Australian Curriculum Links
Kings Park Education Programs complement learning outcomes of the Australian Curriculum.
Bookings are essential and fees apply.