Kings Park and Botanic Garden is visited by around six million people each year. In order to get the most out of your visit, please refer to the Visitor Checklist below.
- Dogs are permitted in certain areas of Kings Park provided they are on a leash no longer than two metres. Dog owners must clean up after their animal and have their own deposit bags as they are not provided in the park. Dogs are not permitted within 10m of any playground area, on the elevated section of the Lotterywest Federation Walkway, inside Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park, and at the Kings Park Festival, Australia Day, ANZAC Day and summer events. Guide dogs are excepted.
- Portable barbecues are not permitted for safety reasons. Refer to Picnic and BBQ areas to locate free barbecue facilities and rubbish bins in the park.
- Sunshelters and marquees are not permitted regardless of weather conditions. This also applies for Australia Day and booked events.
- Decorations, music and games are welcome, but please note our terms and conditions to limit impact on other visitors and the parklands.
- Parking within Kings Park is limited and provided for park visitors only. Visitors intending to catch a bus or taxi out of the park, walk into West Perth or the city or use Jacob's Ladder must park in the city.
- Cycling is permitted on all main roads (40 kph speed limit) and along designated shared use pedestrian/cycle paths (10 kph speed limit) in Kings Park.
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden actively supports TravelSmart methods of travelling. Consider using public transport on your next visit.
- Keep updated on notices that will affect your visit to Kings Park. This is particularly important for all concert goers, visitors to Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park, weekend visitors and function guests.
- Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park is an educational, nature based play area which is not suitable for large picnics, parties or swimming. Please note the conditions of entry before your visit.
- For visitors with limited mobility, ACROD parking is available, with locations identified on Kings Park maps. Drop off zones are available in the State Botanic Garden, Wadjuk Carpark and Fraser Circle.
- Toilet facilities, drinking fountains and other amenities are provided in Kings Park. Refer to Venues and Facilities for further information.
- Have a question? Please contact us with any feedback you may have on your visit. For emergency assistance from a Park Management Officer, please call 0418 923 973 from 7.00 am - 6.00 pm daily.
- Last Updated: 19 June 2014