The Conservation Genetics team is applying modern molecular techniques for research and practical outcomes in native plant conservation, species and plant community restoration, molecular ecology, native plant breeding and phylogenetics.
Recent research highlights include:
- Identification and management of genetic variation for off-site conservation and reintroductions of rare plant species.
- Genetic analysis underpinning efficient native plant breeding for horticulture.
- Genetic delineation of local provenance seed collection zones for bushland restoration.
- Providing taxonomic clarification and helping to best direct conservation resources.
- Detailed analysis of mating, dispersal and genetic erosion in fragmented populations.
Read more about: