Kings Park needs your ideas to help us design Stage 2 of Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park.
Get creative and help us design fun new features to make this amazing outdoor space even more exciting. We are looking for suggestions which have serious wow factor, connect children with nature, encourage imagination and challenge and are great for kids of all abilities and personalities.
The best idea will win a free class excursion with Kings Park Education plus a $200 bus voucher to help you get here.
Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park is already home to a cubby building zone, lookout towers, a wading creek and climbing rocks. What can you add that will add heaps of fun and help to connect kids with nature?
Entries must meet the following criteria:
- Have a gigantic 'wow' factor
- Connect children with nature
- Encourage children to be imaginative, explore and take challenges
- Use materials and designs that celebrate WA’s natural environment
- Fit within the existing perimeter fence
- Be sturdy and long-lasting
- Not include plastic, normal playground equipment, picnic faciltities or signs
- Be good for kids of all abilities and personalities
- Be extremely fun.
How to submit your ideas
Download the 'Share your ideas' flyer 2.16 MB to help with your entry.
To submit your ideas you can:
- Send a message to our friendly Nature Activity Officer
- Post by mail to:
Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park Ideas
Biodiversity Conservation Centre
Fraser Ave, Kings Park WA 6005
- Hand your ideas to one of volunteers on site at Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park.
Remember to include your contact details with your entry!
Entries close Wednesday, 3 June 2015 and the winner will be notified on 10 June 2015.
Kings Park Festival School Art Competition
Don't forget to also register your school's interest in participating in this year's Kings Park Festival School Art Competition by Friday 3 July for another great chance to win.