The Restoration Ecology team undertakes innovative research and operations to enhance and restore the conservation values of degraded lands including urban bushland remnants, agricultural and post-mine lands.
Recent research highlights include:
- Developing integrated weed management strategies.
- Developing topsoil handling and storage guidelines for the mining industry.
- Deriving completion criteria for 'best practise' bushland restoration and revegetation for the mining industry.
- Improved recovery of rare and threatened species.
- Understanding factors limiting species establishment, plant community processes and sustainability of restoration for urban bushland and the resources sector.
Read more about: