Partnering with Perth Festival once again, we are excited to see the return of the magical ‘Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak’ to Kings Park. This free event will celebrate our passion for WA’s unique natural landscape, biodiversity and Indigenous culture.
Over four impressive nights, Friday 8 February to Monday 11 February 2019, Kings Park will transform into a canvas of light and sound, where nature blooms and stories of Western Australia’s impressive environment unfold around you.
Beginning at the West Perth entrance to Kings Park on Fraser Avenue, you will be immersed in the sights and sounds of the Nyoongar six seasons on your 1.5 km journey. With sessions running from 8.00 pm - 11.00 pm (last entry 10.30 pm) you are welcome to begin at any time and enjoy the magical walk-through experience.
Bring your family along to this enchanting celebration of both nature and Aboriginal culture.
How to get here
- Due to road and carpark closures, we strongly encourage use the of public transport. There will be free shuttle buses between Perth Busport and the corner of Colin Street and Kings Park Road running approximately every eight minutes between 7.00 pm and 11.15 pm. Some travel delays may be experienced, so please plan your journey and allow extra time to get to the event.
- For those who cannot use public transport, parking is available in City of Perth carparks and nearby suburbs. ACROD parking will be available in the Lotterywest Family Area in Kings Park off Kings Park Road.
- For those who require assistance at the end of the journey to return to the starting point, an assistance bus will depart every 15 minutes between 8.00 pm and 11.00 pm.
Please refer to the events calendar for further information.
What to bring
- As little as possible! This is a walking experience covering a 1.5 km journey.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Light jacket in case of cooler weather and a raincoat if rain is forecast.
Food and drinks will be available for purchase prior to the start and at the end of the journey. Please take your rubbish home with you.
Please note this is an alcohol and smoke-free event.
For more information please visit Perth Festival website.