Kings Park and Botanic Garden belongs to the people of Western Australia, so your views about how the park is managed are important to us.
Kings Park welcomes more than five million visitors each year and involves the WA community in the life of the park through recreation and wellbeing, discovery and learning experiences, connection to nature, local identity and respect for our heritage.
Share your views of Perth’s favourite park and its future in our five minute community survey.
The results of the community survey will be used to inform the new Kings Park and Botanic Garden Management Plan for 2020 – 2025 which is due for release later this year.
Five-year management plans are a legislative requirement for the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority (BGPA). The draft Kings Park and Botanic Garden Management Plan 2020 – 2025 will be available for public comment in May 2020 with the final plan submitted to the Minister for Environment for approval in mid-2020.
The BGPA, which manages Kings Park, recently established five strategic priorities for the next five years:
- Truly local experiences: Immersing visitors in experiences of nature and local identity.
- Community wellbeing: Encouraging community health and social inclusion through connection to nature, culture and identity.
- Culture and heritage: Conserving, enhancing and celebrating the cultural and natural heritage of our parks.
- Science and conservation: Protecting local biodiversity and tackling complex environmental challenges facing our world.
- Western Australian Botanic Garden: Conserving and enhancing the WA Botanic Garden as an iconic cultural, educational and research institution.
The survey is open until 5.00 pm on Friday, 31 January 2020 and we warmly welcome your participation.