The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority is seeking community feedback on the Draft Bold Park Management Plan 2022 - 2027 that will guide park management over the next five years.
Declared a Class A reserve in 1998 for its high conservation, landscape and recreation values, Bold Park is one of the largest remaining urban bushland areas in Perth, covering 442 hectares.
Reabold Hill is the highest natural point on the Metropolitan Coastal Plain, peaking at 85 metres above sea level.
The draft Bold Park Management Plan 2022 – 2027 has been prepared with input from the community and stakeholders and details planned initiatives under four management categories: Community engagement and participation, Visitor experiences, Science and environmental conservation and Amenity and infrastructure.
A copy of the draft plan can be viewed or downloaded:
Draft Bold Park Management Plan 2022 - 20276.1 MB
Hard copies are available from the Kings Park and Botanic Garden Administration (1 Kattidj Close Kings Park) or can be viewed at the Visitor Information Centre (Fraser Avenue Kings Park).
We encourage you to make a submission to provide feedback on the proposals in the plan via the online survey (preferred) or by separate written submission.
For more information on the results of the community consultation undertaken to inform the draft, download the Bold Park Community Survey Summary Report.
Make your comments count
The management plan will be reviewed in light of the submissions according to the established criteria outlined below. An audit of submissions will be made available along with the final management plan, however responses to individual submissions will not be provided.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 31 January 2022.
Submissions can be made:
- By completing the online survey
- By writing to:
Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority
1 Kattidj Close, Kings Park and Botanic Garden
King Park WA 6005
To ensure a valid submission, your name, postcode and email address must be provided. If your submission is marked ‘confidential’ your contribution will remain anonymous, otherwise your initial, surname and postcode will be acknowledged in the audit of submissions but will not be linked to any responses. Your postcode will be used to generally indicate in the audit where the proportions of submissions came from (local, regional, state, national or international).
Your contact details will not be made public and will only be used to contact you if further clarification of your submission is needed or to inform you later when the final management plan is released. Personal details will not be forwarded to any third party or used for any other purpose.
To make your submission as effective as possible:
- be clear and concise
- refer your points to page numbers, subject headings or numbered initiatives in the plan
- say whether you agree or disagree with any of the content within each section - clearly state your reasons, particularly if you disagree
- give sources of information where possible
- suggest alternatives to any aspects of the plan with which you disagree.
The management plan may be amended if a submission:
- provides additional information of direct relevance to management
- indicates a change in (or clarifies) government legislation or management policy
- proposes strategies that would better achieve management objectives
- indicates omissions, inaccuracies or a lack of clarity.
The management plan may not be amended if a submission:
- clearly supports proposals in the plan or makes general or neutral statements
- refers to issues beyond the scope of the plan
- refers to issues already noted within the plan or already considered during its preparation
- is one among several widely divergent viewpoints received on the topic but the approach in the plan is still considered the best option
- contributes options which are not feasible (generally due to conflict with legislation, Government or Authority policy)
- is based on unclear or factually incorrect information.
If you have any further enquiries please contact Kings Park Administration.