The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority is seeking community feedback on the Draft Bold Park Management Plan 2022 - 2027 that will guide park management over the next five years.
Declared a Class A reserve in 1998 for its high conservation, landscape and recreation values, Bold Park is one of the largest remaining urban bushland areas in Perth, covering 442 hectares.
Reabold Hill is the highest natural point on the Metropolitan Coastal Plain, peaking at 85 metres above sea level.
The draft Bold Park Management Plan 2022 – 2027 has been prepared with input from the community and stakeholders and details planned initiatives under four management categories: Community engagement and participation, Visitor experiences, Science and environmental conservation and Amenity and infrastructure.
A copy of the draft plan can be viewed or downloaded:
Draft Bold Park Management Plan 2022 - 20276.1 MB
Hard copies are available from the Kings Park and Botanic Garden Administration (1 Kattidj Close Kings Park) or can be viewed at the Visitor Information Centre (Fraser Avenue Kings Park).
For more information on the results of the community consultation undertaken to inform the draft, download the Bold Park Community Survey Summary Report.
The management plan may be amended if a submission:
- provides additional information of direct relevance to management
- indicates a change in (or clarifies) government legislation or management policy
- proposes strategies that would better achieve management objectives
- indicates omissions, inaccuracies or a lack of clarity.
The management plan may not be amended if a submission:
- clearly supports proposals in the plan or makes general or neutral statements
- refers to issues beyond the scope of the plan
- refers to issues already noted within the plan or already considered during its preparation
- is one among several widely divergent viewpoints received on the topic but the approach in the plan is still considered the best option
- contributes options which are not feasible (generally due to conflict with legislation, Government or Authority policy)
- is based on unclear or factually incorrect information.
If you have any further enquiries please contact Kings Park Administration.