Bold Walk: fabulous fungi
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30am, Sunday, 16 August 2020
Save to calendar
- At Tuart Carpark
- (+61 8) 9480 3996
- Guided Walks
The cold, rainy weather makes some people want to hide, but these are perfect conditions for the amazing diversity of fungi that grow in Bold Park.
For most of the year fungi remain hidden within the soil and dead wood, but the rains prompt them to grow fruiting bodies that release spores into the open air. These bodies come in many shapes and sizes from familiar mushrooms, to round underground earthballs and the flat, velvety skin fungus that grows on logs. There are fungi in every colour of the rainbow and even some, like the ghost fungus, which are bioluminescent.
The volunteer guides from the Friends of Bold Park Bushland are recommencing their popular walks in August with a focus on these fascinating fungi.
Social distancing will be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit for a future walk.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy shoes and come dressed for the weather. Bring drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness.
- There are no public toilets in Bold Park. Toilets are available at a nearby playground at the southern end of Perry Lakes Reserve.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are not required for individuals.
- Social distancing will be required.
- If you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit for a future walk.
- Please contact the Friends of Bold Park Bushland if you have a group greater than five people who wish to attend.