Bold Walk: new life
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30am, Saturday, 07 November 2020
Save to calendar
- At Wollaston Road entry
- (+61 8) 9480 3996
- Guided Walks
Many wildflowers are continuing to bloom throughout the traditional Noongar Season of Kambarang, in the second half of Spring. The balgas, or grass trees, have formed their long, spear-like flowering spikes, which are now opening up to attract many pollinators.
Throughout October and November, the Friends of Bold Park Bushland volunteer guides will be leading walks along the Balga Trail to observe the different responses of the diverse plant life to the 2012 Bold Park bushfire.
All walks start in the Wollaston Conference Centre Carpark on Wollaston Road, turning off Rochdale Road in Mount Claremont.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy shoes and come dressed for the weather. Bring drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness.
- There are no public toilets in Bold Park. Toilets are available at a nearby playground at the southern end of Perry Lakes Reserve.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are not required for individuals.
- Please contact the Friends of Bold Park Bushland if you have a group greater than five people who wish to attend.