Bold Park Guided Walk
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30am, Saturday, 15 May 2021
Save to calendar
- At Tuart Carpark
- (+61 8) 9480 3996
- Guided Walks
Enjoy Djeran in Bold Park during April and May
The cooler weather signifies a change in seasons and is a great opportunity to come along on one of the morning walks in Bold Park. Djeran is the Nyoongar season for autumn and spans from April to May. Traditionally, it is the season of adulthood and a time for marriage and courtship ceremonies.
It is also a time of red flowers, so keep an eye out for the stunning Menzies’ Banksia and the petite flowers the female Dwarf Sheoak. You may also notice the vibrant red fruit of the female Sandplain Zamia, which while toxic, was carefully prepared to be used as traditional food source.
Join knowledgeable volunteers from the Friends of Bold Park Bushland for a free guided walk and find out more about Bold Park's fascinating history and native biodiversity.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy shoes and come dressed for the weather. Bring drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness.
- There are no public toilets in Bold Park. Toilets are available at a nearby playground at the southern end of Perry Lakes Reserve.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are not required for individuals.
- Please contact the Friends of Bold Park Bushland if you have a group greater than five people who wish to attend.
- If you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
- Bold Park Guided Walk (May 23, 9.00 am)