May Gibbs – Her Life and Bushland Stories in Kings Park
No registration required.
- 11:00am - 12:30pm, Sunday, 07 November 2021
Save to calendar
- At Aspects Lawn
- (+61 8) 9480 3634
- Guided Walks and Tours
The local bush surrounding Perth in the late 1800s inspired acclaimed author and illustrator May Gibbs to create her well-loved characters and stories of the magical Australian bush.
If you would like to discover more about the fascinating plants that led to the creation of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie and the big, bad Banksia men, and to hear more about May Gibbs’ interesting life story, then come along and join us on this entertaining walk.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness and is not suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
- Toilet facilities and parking are available nearby.
- Our events go ahead in rain or shine, however, walks may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions. Refer to the notices section for current closures and service interruptions.
- People with a disability are encouraged to contact us to ensure we meet your needs for this event.
- Social distancing may be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
All guided walks are free.