Fabulous, Feathered Friends: A Bird Experience in Kings Park and Botanic Garden
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30pm, Wednesday, 08 December 2021
Save to calendar
- At Roe Gardens
- (+61 8) 9480 3634
- Guided Walks and Tours
Mornings in Kings Park is the best time to discover the joys of our entertaining, feathered friends. Join a Kings Park Guide and other bird lovers for a tranquil bushwalk to discover the diversity of bird life in our inner-city bushland, bursting with springtime colour.
Meet the birds who call Kings Park home and those that pop in for a visit from time to time. Seek out the areas where they like to rest, feed and breed. Observe the WA wildflowers pollinated by birds; the trees that provide perfect camouflage for nocturnal predators and a favourite food source for some of the locals.
You may even be inspired to create a bird-attracting garden at home.
Prepare for your walk
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness, with some bush tracks not suitable for wheelchairs, walking aids and prams. However, the walk can be adjusted, depending on those who attend.
- Toilet facilities and parking are available nearby.
- Our events go ahead in rain or shine, however, walks may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions. Refer to the notices section for current closures and service interruptions.
- People with a disability are encouraged to contact us to ensure we meet your needs for this event.
- Social distancing may be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
All guided walks are free.