Banksias – Bold, Brash and Brilliant
No registration required.
- 11:00am - 12:30pm, Sunday, 28 November 2021
Save to calendar
- At Aspects Lawn
- (+61 8) 9480 3634
- Guided Walks and Tours
The Banksia, a plant for all seasons! Come and be inspired by one of our floral treasures, an Australian icon that flourishes in WA’s ancient soils.
Home to an amazing number of banksias found nowhere else in Australia or the world, WA’s banksias are magnificent relics from the super continent of Gondwana. These members of the Proteaceae family range from ground covers to small shrubs and trees up to 25 metres tall. They are diverse, conspicuous, resilient and ingenious.
Artists, authors, birds, insects and tiny possums all love them. So will you!
Join us on a walk to discover the amazing diversity of banksias growing here in Kings Park and their significance to Aboriginal people, and to horticulture and conservation.
Prepare for your walk
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness and is not suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
- Toilet facilities and parking are available nearby.
- Our events go ahead in rain or shine, however, walks may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions. Refer to the notices section for current closures and service interruptions.
- People with a disability are encouraged to contact us to ensure we meet your needs for this event.
- Social distancing may be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
All guided walks are free.