Bold Walk: Kambarang season
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30am, Sunday, 14 November 2021
Save to calendar
- At Camel Lake Carpark
- (+61 8) 9480 3996
- Guided Walks and Tours
In traditional Noongar culture, the six seasons were signalled by changes in weather, plants and the movement of animals. An intimate knowledge of the changes occurring on country were essential for food, shelter, medicine and ultimately survival.
As the weather warms up reptiles become more active and many birds are busy trying to find food for their rapidly growing chicks. This time of year is the middle of Kambarang season and plants like the slender banksia are starting to flower.
Join the Friend of Bold Park Bushland volunteer guides on this free guided walk to explore what can be found in the bushland at this time of year.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy shoes and come dressed for the weather. Bring drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness.
- There are no public toilets in Bold Park. Toilets are available at the nearby playground at the southern end of Perry Lakes Reserve.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are not required for individuals.
- Please contact the Friends of Bold Park Bushland if you have a group greater than five people who wish to attend.