Bold Park Guided Walk
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30am, Sunday, 10 July 2022
Save to calendar
- At Tuart Carpark
- (+61 8) 9480 3996
- Guided Walks and Tours
The rainy weather provides the perfect conditions for the amazing diversity of fungi that grow in Bold Park.
For most of the year fungi remain hidden within the soil and dead wood, but the rains prompt them to grow fruiting bodies that release spores into the open air. These bodies come in many shapes and sizes from the familiar mushrooms, to round underground earthballs to the flat, velvety "skin fungi" that grow on logs. There are fungi in every colour of the rainbow and even some, like the ghost fungus, which are bioluminescent.
Join the volunteer guides from the Friends of Bold Park Bushland for this guided walk and learn more about our fabulous local fungi.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy shoes and come dressed for the weather. Bring drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness.
- There are no public toilets in Bold Park. Toilets are available at a nearby playground at the southern end of Perry Lakes Reserve.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are not required for individuals.
- Please contact the Friends of Bold Park Bushland if you have a group greater than five people who wish to attend.
- If you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.