Bold Park Guided Walk
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30am, Sunday, 21 August 2022
Save to calendar
- At Wollaston Road entry
- (+61 8) 9480 3996
- Guided Walks and Tours
In 2012, a large fire burnt through bushland near the southern end of Bold Park. After almost ten years the plants have grown back, but they still show signs of the fire that went through.
Join the volunteer guides from the Friends of Bold Park Bushland this August as they explore the Balga Walk trail that traverses the 2012 fire site and discuss some of the adaptations that our native plants possess to either survive fire or germinate from seed soon afterwards. These adaptations include thick bark, underground lignotubers, woody fruits, and seeds that are stimulated to germinate by the chemicals in smoke.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy shoes and come dressed for the weather. Bring drinking water.
- There are no public toilets in Bold Park. Toilets are available at a nearby playground at the southern end of Perry Lakes Reserve.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are not required for individuals.
- Please contact the Friends of Bold Park Bushland if you have a group greater than five people who wish to attend.
- If you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.