In the Footsteps of Women
Purchase tickets using contact details below.
- 11:00am - 12:30pm, Sunday, 25 September 2022
Save to calendar
- At Pioneer Women's Memorial Fountain
- Guided Walks and Tours, Kings Park Festival, Walks and talks
Walk in the Footsteps of Women around the beautiful and verdant Pioneer Women’s Memorial precinct.
Join us and Walk in the Footsteps of Women around the beautiful and verdant Pioneer Women’s Memorial precinct in Kings Park. Learn about the ancient role Aboriginal women played in Indigenous culture, like using plants for food and medicine. Then continue a journey through Western Australian history to the more recent contribution of women in the development of the State.
Starting from Pioneer Women’s fountain near the Botanic Garden Carpark, Forrest Drive.
Prepare for your walk
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness and is not suitable for wheelchairs, walking aids or prams.
- Toilet facilities and parking are available nearby.
- Our events go ahead in rain or shine, however, walks may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions. Refer to the notices section for current closures and service interruptions.
- People with a disability are encouraged to contact us to ensure we meet your needs for this event.
- Social distancing may be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
All guided walks are free. Places are limited. Book now via Eventbrite. Registrations close 5.00 pm on the day prior to the event.