Discover Kings Park
No registration required.
- 01:00pm - 02:30pm, Tuesday, 11 April 2023
Save to calendar
- At Aspects Lawn
- (+61 8) 9480 3634
- Guided Walks and Tours
There’s a lot to see in Kings Park. At 400ha it is one of the biggest inner-city parks in the world. Discover the secrets of our unique flora in the Western Australian Botanic Garden, featuring more than 3500 species of WA plants and enjoy sweeping views from the glass-sided Lotterywest Federation Walkway. Step back in time and learn about our State’s history and the stories of the many memorials in the park, including the State War Memorial.
Free guided walks in Kings Park are led by Kings Park Volunteer Guides, departing daily from Fraser Avenue, outside Aspects of Kings Park.
Walks are conducted every day throughout the year, except Christmas Day.
Guided walks will not be conducted when the temperature in Kings Park is forecast to be 37°C or above.
Prepare for your walk
- Approximately 1.5 hours duration.
- Walking grade is easy to moderate; not suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- Toilet facilities are available nearby.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are generally not required for individuals.
- Please contact the Visitor Information Centre if you have a group greater than ten people who wish to attend.
- Social distancing may be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
In certain circumstances, walks in the park may need to be cancelled or restricted for the protection of volunteers and visitors. Both morning and afternoon walks will be cancelled if:
1. The temperature is forecast to be 37 degrees or above
2. There is a Severe Weather Warning
3. The Fire Danger Rating is Extreme or Catastrophic
If a Total Fire Ban is declared and the Fire Danger Rating is Moderate or High, walks will proceed except on bushland tracks. Notices will be posted for Total Fire Bans and Fire Danger Ratings that are Extreme or Catastrophic.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter to keep up with the Kings Park news, competitions, events and activities throughout the year.