Bold Walk: fabulous fungi
No registration required.
- 09:00am - 10:30am, Saturday, 20 July 2019
Save to calendar
- At Tuart Carpark
- (+61 8) 9480 3996
- Guided Walks
Winter is a wonderful time to get out and explore Bold Park so join the knowledgeable Friends of Bold Park Bushland for a free guided walk. With the abundance of winter rain, it is lush, green and prime for fungi to emerge.
Fungi lack the profile of our native wildlife or flora but they play an equally important role in the bushland, decomposing and recycling organic matter. Fungi help make nutrients available in the ecosystem and have beneficial relationships with plants and animals to help them grow.
Bold Park has one of the most surveyed populations of fungi in the Western Australia. With over 500 species identified, you are bound to see some of the unusual splendour on display. Look up on the tree trunks to see the curry punks, and down on the ground among Banksias to see the eerie Ghost Fungus.
Prepare for your walk:
- Wear sturdy shoes and come dressed for the weather. Bring drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness.
- There are no public toilets in Bold Park. Toilets are available at a nearby playground at the southern end of Perry Lakes Reserve.
- All guided walks are free and bookings are not required for individuals.
- Please contact the Friends of Bold Park Bushland if you have a group greater than five people who wish to attend.