The lawn area towards the southern end of Saw Avenue, adjacent to the grassed amphitheatre, is ideal for most activities and is closely situated to the visitor facilities.
The Saw Avenue Amphitheatre hosts the Prompt Corner music theatre during summer each year which is ideal for families with young children.
This venue is also close to Variety Place - a nature-inspired play environment that was created in partnership with Variety the Children's Charity of WA. Saw Avenue Picnic Area's first playground was built by Kings Park Superintendent Ernst Wittwer in 1975 using natural materials.
- Suited to
- Weddings, film and photography, social and family functions, community groups, corporate functions, memorial services
- Under 200 people
- May Drive or Saw Avenue
- Easily accessed via May Drive or Saw Avenue
- Short walk to Kulbardi toilets
- Not available
- Scattered benches and tables
- Approximately 750 m to May Drive Parkland or 2 km to Fraser Avenue precinct
- Available to all park users; cannot be reserved as part of your booking
- Booking times
- Available 9.00 am - 6.00 pm daily
- Please contact the Bookings Officer
- Saw Avenue Picnic Area