In the Footsteps of Women
This event is fully booked.
- 09:30am - 10:45am, Sunday, 07 March 2021
Save to calendar
- At Yorkas Nyinning Building
- (+61 8) 9480 3600
- Guided Walks, Perth Events, Summer Events
Join us on International Women’s Day for a free guided walk around the beautiful and verdant Pioneer Women’s Memorial precinct.
Learn about the ancient role Aboriginal women played in Indigenous culture here, like using plants for food and medicine. Then continue a journey through Western Australian history to the more recent contribution of women in the development of the State.
This walk is being led by the knowledgeable Kings Park Volunteer Guides.
Prepare for your walk
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness.
- Toilet facilities and parking are available nearby.
- Our events go ahead in rain or shine, however, walks may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions. Refer to the notices section for current closures and service interruptions.
- People with a disability are encouraged to contact us to ensure we meet your needs for this event.
All guided walks are free. Places are limited. Registrations close at 5.00 pm on the day before the event.