Heart of the Park
Purchase tickets using contact details below.
- 10:00am - 01:00pm, Friday, 02 September 2022
Save to calendar
- At Aspects Lawn
- Guided Walks and Tours
About 15% of all native plant life in Perth can be found in the Kings Park bushland, including many spectacular wildflowers. Wander along the many tracks, some of them sand, and learn about the banksias, jarrahs and marris. You may catch a glimpse of the more than 70 bird species which call Kings Park home, or startle a quenda as it forages in the bush.
This guided walk is led by Kings Park Volunteer Guides, departing outside Aspects of Kings Park. Bookings are required for Heart of the Park.
Your knowledgeable Kings Park Volunteer Guides will lead you through some of the lesser known tracks in the Banksia Woodlands of Kings Park. Take in the beauty of one of the biggest inner-city parks in the world and enjoy the unique and diverse flora that WA is famous for. This walk takes place at 10am every Friday from July to October.
Prepare for your walk
- Approximately 3 hours duration and 6 km.
- Walking grade is easy to moderate; not suitable for wheelchairs or mobility aids.
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- Toilet facilities are available nearby.
- All guided walks are free. Heart of the Park requires bookings via Eventbrite.
- Social distancing may be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
- This walk will go ahead if it is raining but in the event of severe weather it may be cancelled. Check the Kings Park and Botanic Garden website for cancellation information.
- This is a COVID safe event and as such State Government guidelines will apply.
To give walkers the best experience our numbers are limited. We ask that you please cancel prior to the day if you know you will not be able to attend. Hopefully there will be another day that will suit you.
All guided walks are free. Places are limited. Book now via Eventbrite. Registrations close 5:00pm on the day before the event.