Finding Fabulous, Feathered Friends
Purchase tickets using contact details below.
- 09:00am - 10:30pm, Friday, 02 September 2022
Save to calendar
- At Roe Gardens
- Guided Walks and Tours, Kings Park Festival, Walks and talks
Take a walk with Kings Park Volunteer Guides through the Botanic Garden and Bushland areas to discover some of these enchanting and entertaining feathered friends.
Join a Kings Park Volunteer Guide for a walk to discover some of the birdlife in our wonderful inner city bushland.
Since records of Western Australian birds in Kings Park began there have been in excess of one hundred species identified and catalogued. In recent times, for a variety of reasons, that number has dwindled to about 60 being regularly viewed. Added to that number are several introduced species which were deliberately released or escaped from private aviaries. Some birds are resident and breed in Kings Park, some are irregular visitors, while others are migratory and travel thousands of kilometres from northern Australia and Asia.
Prepare for your walk
- Wear sturdy, closed-in shoes and come dressed for the weather with a hat, jacket, sunscreen and drinking water.
- This walk requires a moderate level of fitness, with some bush tracks not suitable for wheelchairs, walking aids and prams. However, the walk can be adjusted, depending on those who attend.
- Toilet facilities and parking are available nearby.
- Our events go ahead in rain or shine, however, walks may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions. Refer to the notices section for current closures and service interruptions.
- People with a disability are encouraged to contact us to ensure we meet your needs for this event.
- Social distancing may be required and if you are feeling unwell please postpone your visit to a future event.
All guided walks are free. Places are limited. Book now via Eventbrite. Registrations close 5:00pm on the day before the event.