2019 Kings Park Festival Flowers in Focus competition Terms and Conditions
Important information for all competition entrants.
Criteria for eligibility
- All entries must be the original work of the competition entrant.
- Entries must be of native Western Australian plants or wildflowers, with or without people, animals or insects. Entries including exotic plants, e.g. roses and proteas, will not be accepted.
- All entrants must complete a Flowers in Focus photography competition entry form272.33 KB and provide their full name, suburb and contact phone number.
- Image files should be emailed in jpeg format with the highest resolution possible (please keep the filesize between 2-10MB).
- Photocopies and scans are not valid entries.
- The shortlisted entrants may be requested to supply higher resolution images for promotional and display purposes.
- A maximum of three (3) entries per person will be accepted.
- Each entry must comply with competition terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these conditions will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter is the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority* ABN 30 706 225 320 of 1 Kattidj Close, Kings Park, WA 6005.
- The competition opens 9.00 am Saturday 1 June 2019 and closes midnight Friday 23 August 2019 (AWST).
- The winners will be announced on Friday 30 August 2019.
- Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information about the competition form part of these terms and conditions. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to permanent residents of Western Australia. Photo identification may be required upon collection of a prize.
- Employees (or their immediate families) of the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority, the Art Gallery of WA or any other partner of the competition, or of retailers, or of suppliers, associated companies or agencies of the Promoter are eligible to enter, however, they will not be eligible to receive a prize. They will be eligible to have their image displayed.
- The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority or any other partner or associated agency accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from the promotion.
- Entry into this competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. The decision regarding the selected entries is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.
- The winners of this competition will be determined by a panel of photographers and representatives from Kings Park and the Art Gallery of WA.
- The winners will be announced by Friday 30 August 2019.
- The winners will be notified immediately by telephone or email after the decision is made. In the instance that one of the winners cannot be contacted on the phone number provided within two (2) working days, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be decided.
- If the winner is under 18 years of age, their parent or legal guardian must claim the prize.
- Any additional costs incurred in accepting the prize will be at the expense of the winner.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to claim/redeem their prize from the prize provider within any time period required. Consideration of any restrictions on availability or time periods is the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize must be taken as supplied and is neither redeemable for cash nor transferable. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The winner must agree to the terms and conditions of the prize provider before claiming their prize.
- All contestants release from, and indemnify the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority, Art Gallery of WA and any other competition partner against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Copyright and permissions
By submitting images to the Competition, you confirm and warrant that:
- You are the sole author of each entry and that it is your original work.
- You are the sole owner of the copyright in each image.
- You have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent or guardian) for the usage rights required by the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority* and will indemnify the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- You have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority.
- You have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of property included in submitted images for the usage rights required by the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority.
- You will be responsible for any claim by any third party in respect of your entry.
- You agree not to use, or permit the use of, any images taken of or from Kings Park and Botanic Garden sites for any commercial or promotional purpose other than entering this competition or your own personal use.
- On completion of this competition, the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority will have the right to use all photographs received as entries for the promotion of Kings Park and Western Australia. The photographer will be appropriately credited if or when their image is used.
- It is a condition of entry that all prize winners agree to have their name and suburb published for publicity purposes if required. By participating in this competition, participants signify their acceptance of all conditions and the requirement to participate in promotional activity if required.
- In participating in the competition, entrants agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed.
- The winner agrees to grant the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority a perpetual and exclusive license to use the photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Changes to the rules
- We reserve the right to amend the rules and if we do so, we will publish the amended version on the Kings Park Festival website. It is your responsibility to check regularly to make sure you are aware of any updated information. If you do not agree to any changes to these rules, then your only remedy is to withdraw from the competition.
*The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority manages Kings Park and Botanic Garden.