Create your very own masterpiece to cherish at home.
Paint, draw, make a collage or a mixed media artwork that shows something at your place that makes you happy. Look at what’s around you. You could paint a tree, something in your garden, a pot plant, your pet or a special room.
We’ve shared some of our favourite paintings by local Western Australian artist Jeanette Giroud to inspire you!
Make a view finder!
If you’re still not sure what you want to create for your artwork, make view finder to help you decide! They are fun to make and will help you focus on one part of your place to reproduce as your special artwork.
How to make a view finder:
- Step 1: Find an A4 piece of paper or cardboard.
- Step 2: Use a ruler to draw lines diagonally across it, going from one corner all the way to the opposite corner to make a large X.
In the centre where the lines cross, draw a small rectangle approximately 2.5 cm high by 3.0 cm wide).
- Step 3: Cut out the inner rectangle leaving a small hole in the middle.
- Step 4: Hold up the piece of paper and look through the hole. What do you see?
The paper frame around the hole blocks out the rest of your view and helps you focus on just one thing.
- Step 5: Take a photo or memorise the view.
- Step 6: Draw or paint the view that you like through your view finder.
Tips: Check out the view finder pattern in the slideshow above.
Share with us
We would love to see you using your view finder!
Share your photos to the Kings Park Home Delivery Facebook group or use the hashtag #KingsParkHomeDelivery.