We want you to enjoy your excursion to Kings Park. Please plan your visit carefully to make sure everything runs smoothly. Bookings are essential for all school excursions to Kings Park. If you need any help or advice, please contact the Education Bookings Officer.
Whole day excursion
Make a day of it. An excursion to Kings Park Education offers great value for money. In addition to a curriculum-linked, guided program for each class, students can take part in a self-guided program, free time in Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park and/or spend time exploring.
Once you have made a school booking, you will receive an email confirming your excursion details. The Teacher Resource Pack for your chosen program and payment receipt will be emailed with your confirmation. Please check the details carefully and contact us immediately if there are any discrepancies.
Excursion Management Plan
Please download and refer to the Excursion Management Plan and Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority Certificate of Currency to assist with your planning.
Close supervision of students is essential. The school supervisory team retain full responsibility for student supervision, welfare, safety and behaviour at all times. Kings Park and Botanic Garden staff are not responsible for the supervision or behaviour of your students. Please bring enough adults to ensure student safety.
All visits to Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park require at least one teacher or supervisor to attend an essential site induction before the excursion to complete a site risk assessment.
Minimum adults to student ratios for excursions to Kings Park are:
- PP - Year 2
- Year 3-6
- Year 7-8
- Year 9-10
- Year 11-12
- Water awareness: Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park contains several water bodies; swimming is not permitted but knee-deep wading is permitted in Paperbark Creek. Water bodies are also present in the Western Australian Botanic Garden and May Drive Parkland; swimming or wading in these precincts is strictly prohibited.
- Suitable outdoor clothing/equipment: sports uniform, sun hats, sunscreen and closed-in shoes, insect repellent, water bottles, first-aid kit, picnic rugs.
- Lunches: There are no cafes or bins in Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park or the Western Australian Botanic Garden. Please bring a waste-free lunch or suitable containers to take waste home. Pack your lunches in a covered container to deter birds or other wildlife.
- Wet weather gear: Applicable to the weather conditions.
- Emergences: Kings Park Education has a comprehensive Emergency Management Plan. In the event of an emergency, please follow all instructions by Kings Park staff.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your program start time and ensure you leave enough time for students to use the toilets prior to the lesson commencing. Late arrivals will cause your program to be cut short.
Know your drop-off zone
Check the map provided as there are several drop-off and meeting points in Kings Park. Knowing your allocated drop-off zone before you arrive will take the stress out of your excursion. Please ensure the bus driver is aware of both the correct drop-off zone and the bus parking area in Wardong Buspark.
Refer to the Kings Park Education map to plan your visit.