This Kings Park orienteering course provides a great introduction to navigation skills, plant uses and adaptations. In small teams, students use map reading, spatial awareness and problem solving skills to navigate a series of control points, discover interesting plants and develop compass skills.
Special Offer: Years 3-10 excursion bundle
Choose any Kings Park Education program and add Orienteering I or Orienteering II at half price to create a full-day excursion.
'We really enjoyed our day ... seeing the students overcome the challenges - will be back.' - High School Special Education Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Work in small teams to complete an orienteering course.
- Employ problem solving skills to complete nature based activities at control points
- Use map reading, navigational skills and time management to follow and complete the course successfully
- Refine compass skills to locate features on maps
- Complete control card with required answers, drawings and punch marks to be turned in at the completion of the course.
To get the full benefit of this program, please bring a number of mobile devices of your choice (tablets or smartphones) with the 'Compass' app downloaded in advance.
Bookings are essential and fees apply.