This Kings Park orienteering course provides a great introduction to navigation skills, plant uses and adaptations. In small teams, students use map reading, spatial awareness and problem solving skills to navigate a series of control points, discover interesting plants and develop compass skills.
Special Offer: Years 3-10 excursion bundle
Choose any Kings Park Education program and add Orienteering I or Orienteering II at half price to create a full-day excursion.
'We really enjoyed our day ... seeing the students overcome the challenges - will be back.' - High School Special Education Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Work in small teams to complete an orienteering course.
- Employ problem solving skills to complete nature based activities at control points
- Use map reading, navigational skills and time management to follow and complete the course successfully
- Refine compass skills to locate features on maps
- Complete control card with required answers, drawings and punch marks to be turned in at the completion of the course.
To get the full benefit of this program, please bring a number of mobile devices of your choice (tablets or smartphones) with the 'Compass' app downloaded in advance.
Bookings are essential and fees apply.
Please refer to the Kings Park Education Cancellation Policy before booking this program.