Discover plant parts, pollinators and life cycles
Take a close look at the characteristics of a few amazing native plants and discover what makes a plant a living thing. Investigate plants at the different stages of their life cycles and explore the ways plants and animals depend on each other for survival. Students take part in hands-on activities and a lifecycle scavenger hunt.
'Absolutely love this excursion. It's a Plant's life is so informative and so well linked to our class topic.' - Year 4 Teacher
'Thank you so much for providing this outstanding experience for our students so they can appreciate our beautiful and very special Australian flora!' - Year 4 Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Understand plants are living things that grow, move, are sensitive to the environment and reproduce
- Observe the characteristics of plants as they develop through their life cycles
- Recognise that environmental factors can affect life cycles (such as fire and seed germination)
- Recognise there is a range of different kinds of plants
- Understand plants and animals depend on each other and the environment to survive
- Understand the interactions between plants and animals can be mutually beneficial.
Location: Kings Park Education Centre
Bookings are essential and fees apply.