The benefits of learning in a natural environments
Discover the importance and benefits for children of spending time outdoors exploring natural environments. Explore the benefits of allowing children to take risks and how ‘risking on purpose’ in natural environments can help children develop important life skills.
This session in Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park provides ideas for taking learning outside, integrating nature and including natural elements in play and learning.
By the end of this program, the students will:
- Review child development across different domains
- Discuss the role of play in development
- Investigate the importance and benefits of nature play to children and how spending time in natural environments can help children develop holistically
- Consider the different elements that need to be considered when allowing children to play in natural spaces such as risk, safety, maintenance, rules and regulations etc
- Discuss the concepts of risk management, risk/benefit analysis and the 'risk-takers advantage'
- Gain ideas to help children to interact positively through different kinds of play in nature and for including natural elements in play and learning.
Bookings are essential and fees apply.