The Western Australian Botanic Garden Tour
Be delighted with this guided walk through the spectacular WA Botanic Garden.
Experience the panoramic views from the Lotterywest Federation Walkway and discover the fascinating stories behind the iconic landmarks of Kings Park – its people, plants and animals.
This guided-walk can be tailored to suit the needs of students from a focus on history, geography, art, conservation or tourism.
'The highlight for the students was learning about biodiversity in Perth.' - Year 12 Teacher
By the end of this program students will:
- Identify key features of native species that enable them to survive in our harsh environment
- Have increased knowledge of some of the interrelationships between plants and animals and how they rely on each other for survival.
- Identify the importance of maintaining biodiversity
- Identify and name some of the plants that Aboriginal people used for food, medicine, tools and shelter
- Recognise ways in which they can help to conserve native habitats.
Location: Pioneer Women's Memorial Precinct
Bookings are essential and fees apply.