Road closures will occur in Kings Park on Sunday 25 February 2018 for the Queen's Baton Relay in the lead up to the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Several roads and carparks will be affected on this day (refer to map for locations):
- Fraser Circle will be closed from approximately 6.00 am until 11.00 am on Sunday 25 February.
- Fraser Avenue will be closed from approximately 10.00 am until 11.00 am on Sunday 25 February (enter Kings Park via Saw Avenue, Poole Ave or Park Ave during this time).
- There will also be a partial road closure at the intersection of Bagot Rd and Thomas St on the weekend of 24 and 25 February due to scheduled works by the Water Corporation. If travelling through this intersection, please allow for an extra 15 minutes travel time.
- Forrest Carpark will be closed from approximately 6.00 am until 11.00 am on Sunday 25 February.
- Vehicles parked car parks off Kattidj Close (including Administration, Pines Picnic Area, Kings Park Education and the Biodiversity Conservation Centre) will be unable to exit onto Fraser Avenue between 10.00 am – 11.00 am on Sunday 25 February.
Please be courteous to other visitors and follow the instructions of traffic management.
Read more about the Queen's Baton Relay via our events calendar.
If you are in doubt about the impact of this event on your visit to Kings Park and Botanic Garden, please contact us during business hours.