The wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff is our number one priority during the current COVID-19 situation. We are closely monitoring and responding to Government health advice and putting extra measures in place to protect our staff, volunteers and visitors.
Two of Perth’s largest and most beautiful parks, Kings Park and Bold Park, remain open to visitors. Given the size of our parks, there is plenty of fresh air and green space to share. However, we recommend ‘social distancing’ and good personal hygiene be practiced to protect the most vulnerable in our community.
In response to COVID-19, the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority (BGPA) is increasing the cleaning schedule of public restrooms.
For the health of fellow visitors and staff we ask that you stay 1.5 m away from others, do not enter buildings, cafes, playgrounds or shops if you are unwell and wash your hands regularly.
Services not currently impacted:
Visitor facilities and tours
- The Kings Park Visitor Information Centre is open from 10.30 am to 3.30 pm daily. Please consider downloading brochures or maps as limited printed copies will be available. Please refer to our news item for more information on the VIC’s Covid-Safe plan.
- Picnic and BBQ areas are open subject to social distancing rules. Visitors are welcome to use the free, electric barbecues maintained by the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority.
- The Kings Park Administration Building remains open.
- Spinway WA, GoGo Tours and Segway Tours WA tours have recommenced. Please contact the individual operators directly for the most up-to-date information.
- Kings Park Education is taking school and community program bookings, including Zippy’s Kings Park Adventures for Term 3 and Term 4.
- Make sure you check out the Kings Park Home Delivery content we've put together for the kids staying at home as well as Schools Teacher Resources.
Playgrounds and pavilions
- Playgrounds and pavilions in Kings Park and Bold Park are open. Please do not enter playgrounds if you are unwell and remember to practice good social distancing.
- Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park is now open.
Fun and Fitness
- Next Generation Kings Park, including the Royal Kings Park Tennis Club, is open.
- DNA Tower is open subject to social distancing rules. Please leave three steps between you and the person in front and follow the signage to guide you up and down the tower.
- Fitness training must be in compliance with social distancing and other rules outlined in WA Roadmap.
Group or event bookings are currently being taken for groups within the government guidelines. Please contact the Kings Park Bookings Officer if you have a query about a booked event or wish to book a new one.
Aspects of Kings Park Gallery Shop is open with modified trading hours and capacity. Aspects of Kings Park’s online shop includes some of our most popular and postable products and we encourage you to continue supporting our talented local artists.
Food and beverage outlets
In accordance with Australian Government directions, the following arrangements are in place (in compliance with social distancing and other rules outlined in WA Roadmap):
- Zamia Café: Open from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm daily.
- Stickybeaks Café: Open from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday and 7.30 am to 5.00 pm on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
- Kings Park Kiosk: Open for takeaway only from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm daily.
- Botanical Café: Open for takeaway only from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm daily.
- Frasers Restaurant: Open as normal.
The operational information for each food and beverage outlet is subject to change. We recommend you contact the individual outlets directly for the most up-to-date information.
Services currently impacted or postponed:
- Acacia Toilets in the main tourism precinct near Aspects of Kings Park Gallery Shop and Wadjuk Carpark are open as usual. Some toilet blocks are closed in the WA Botanic Garden, Lotterywest Family Area, May Drive Parkland and Saw Avenue Picnic Area.
Walks, talks and tours
- Kings Park’s free guided walks are currently suspended until 1 August 2020. More information will be available on our website soon. Kings Park has several self-guided walks which are perfect for exploring the park at your own pace while guided walks are suspended.
- Dig It with Coffee sessions are suspended until September 2020. You may want to view our gardening resources to help you with your burning gardening questions.
- The Perth Explorer Bus has cancelled their services until October 2020.
- Ruby Tram has been suspended until further notice.
As the situation evolves, the BGPA will continue to provide updates and make operational changes as needed.