The wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff is our number one priority during the current COVID-19 situation. We are closely monitoring and responding to Government health advice and putting extra measures in place to protect our staff, volunteers and visitors.
Two of Perth’s largest and most beautiful parks, Kings Park and Bold Park, remain open to visitors. Given the size of our parks, there is plenty of fresh air and green space to share. However, we recommend ‘social distancing’ and good personal hygiene be practiced to protect the most vulnerable in our community.
Whilst our parks remain open, there are some interruptions to visitor services:
Visitor Information Centre
Food and beverage outlets
In accordance with Australian Government directions, all food and beverage outlets in Kings Park are restricted to takeaway only. The following arrangements are in place:
- Zamia Café: Open for takeaway only from 8.00 am to 2.30 pm on weekdays and from 8.00 am to 3.00 pm on weekends.
- Stickybeaks Café: Open for takeaway only from 7.30 am to 4.00 pm daily.
- Botanical Café: Open for takeaway only 7.00 am to 7.00 pm daily.
- Kings Park Kiosk: Open for takeaway only from 7.00 am to 4.00 pm daily.
- Frasers Restaurant: Closed until further notice.
The operational information for each food and beverage outlet is subject to change. Updates will be posted to this notice.
Walks, talks and tours
- Kings Park’s free guided walks are currently suspended until further notice. Kings Park has several self-guided walks which are perfect for exploring the park at your own pace while guided walks are suspended.
- Dig It with Coffee sessions are suspended until further notice. You may want to view our gardening resources to help you with your burning gardening questions.
- The Perth Explorer Bus has cancelled all services until further notice.
- Ruby Tram has been suspended until further notice.
- Go Cultural Aboriginal Tours and Experiences have been suspended.
Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park and playgrounds
- Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park is closed. We look forward to welcoming you back into the site shortly.
- Playgrounds and pavilions in Kings Park and Bold Park are closed.
- Aspects of Kings Park Gallery Shop is closed. Aspects of Kings Park’s online shop includes some of our most popular and postable products and we encourage you to continue supporting our talented local artists.
- We look forward to running the next Friends of Kings Park Native Plant Sale in May 2020 in a new and improved format that safeguards the health of our customers and volunteers. Updates will be provided soon.
- Kings Park Education' school and community programs and events, including Zippy’s Kings Park Adventures have been cancelled for the remainder of Term 1 and Term 2. Term 3 and Term 4 programs are going ahead as planned at this stage.
Fun and Fitness
- Next Generation Kings Park, including the Royal Kings Park Tennis Club, is closed until further notice.
- Fitness training is limited to groups of 2 people maximum.
Group or event bookings are not being taken in Kings Park or Bold Park until further notice. Pavilions are not open for recreational use currently. Please contact the Kings Park Bookings Officer if you have a query about a booked event.
Services not currently impacted
The Kings Park Administration Building remains open.
In response to COVID-19, the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority (BGPA) is increasing the cleaning schedule of public restrooms.
For the health of fellow visitors and staff we ask that you stay 1.5 m away from others, do not enter buildings, cafes or shops if you are unwell and wash your hands regularly.
As the situation evolves, the BGPA will continue to provide updates and make operational changes as needed.