Bookings are essential for all excursions to Kings Park. Whether you are here for a picnic, a play or an education program, please let us know you are coming. This will ensure your safety and enjoyment. We recommend making your booking at least one month in advance, due to the popularity of our programs.
Contact the Education Bookings Officer to receive the appropriate booking application pack.
Fees and charges
Fees are set according to the number of students and program type.
- 1 - 15 students
- $140.00 / * $175.00 per class
- 16 - 20 students
- $160.00 / * $200.00 per class
- 21 - 25 students
- $180.00 / * $230.00 per class
- 26 - 30 students
- $220.00 / * $280.00 per class
- 31 - 32 students
- $235.00 / * $300.00 per class
- >32 students
- $8.00 / * $10.00 per additional child
* amounts refer to special events (Kulunga Katitjin, Nyoongar Boodja and End of Year Big Day Out)
- All prices include GST
- Minimum booking fee is $140.00 (* $175 for special events)
- Fees must be paid in advance or on the day of your visit
- Accompanying teachers / adults are free
- All self-guided programs are free, however bookings are essential
- Comprehensive teacher resource pack is provided on receipt of payment.
You will receive an email confirming the details of your excursion once the completed application form and payment details have been processed. Please check your confirmation carefully to ensure all details are correct. Contact us if you have not received confirmation within 2 weeks of providing the booking application.
The Teacher Resource Pack for your chosen program and payment receipt will be emailed with your confirmation.
Kings Park Education is a popular destination for school excursions. Please take care when selecting your program and booking date as some, or all, of the fee may still apply if you chose to cancel the booking.
If you do decide to cancel the booking, please provide at least 30 days notice so we can offer another group the opportunity to visit. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, if you do not provide 30 days notice the minimum booking fee of *$140.00 per class will apply (*$175 for special events). Schools that do not provide any notice of cancellation and fail to attend on the day will be charged the full booking fee.
Kings Park and Botanic Garden is an outdoor venue and programs will go ahead in most weather conditions. In cases of very high (or greater) Fire Danger rating or extreme weather conditions, Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park will be closed to all visitors. Education programs will be relocated to another area of Kings Park if necessary.
If your Education program has to be cancelled by the Botanic Garden and Parks Authority on a particular date, we will contact you to reschedule your booking. A refund will be issued if the program cannot be rescheduled.