All visitors involved in organised events in Bold Park are required to comply with the following conditions, in addition to the Botanic Gardens and Parks Regulations 1999. A copy of the Regulations is available for viewing at the Western Australian Ecology Centre.
Prior written permission by the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority (BGPA) is required to conduct an event or an organised group activity in Bold Park. This is to enable the Authority to ensure that proposed events do not impact on the conservation values of the site and to prevent disappointment due to other events or maintenance activities occurring at the same time and place.
Applications for permission to conduct an event in Bold Park should state date, time, the precise intended location within Bold Park and a detailed description of the activity. We request that as much notice as possible is provided when conducting activities in the Park, to allow sufficient time for processing your application.
Bookings should also be confirmed by telephone one week prior to the event and applicants are required to notify the Authority of any changes.
Conditions of Use
Booking approval is given with the understanding by both parties that:
1. The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority (BGPA) is to be indemnified against any claim or action arising from a function.
2. Function/event organisers are responsible for ensuring all participants do not violate any of the Regulations under the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority Act 1998.
3. Function/event organisers will be required to pay for any damages arising from the event.
4. The Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority reserves the right to retract a booking at any time.
5. Fees vary according to which area you wish to book, the type of event and the number of participants or attendees. All bookings incur a fee, which will not be refunded after the reserved date or as a result of inclement weather. Fees are also subject to change without notice.
6. A bond may be required under certain circumstances. If you require assistance from our Park Management Officers you will need to inform the Authority when making your booking application. A fee may be incurred and will be negotiating on a case by case basis.
7. The Authority does not permit the erection of marquees or other structures such as shadecloths, tents and gazebos without prior written permission. The use of portable chairs or stools is allowed provided that they only remain in place for the duration of the event. Portable BBQs are not permitted.
8. Banners and signage are not permitted and nothing, including decorations, is to be nailed, hung or otherwise attached to any trees, shrubs or other vegetation or infrastructure such as signs or shelters in the Park. All decorations must be freestanding.
9. Visitors must keep to tracks and areas indicated by signage in the Park. All tracks and bushland areas under rehabilitation are strictly out of bounds.
10. Any musical instruments, battery powered amplifiers, CD players or tape-recorders may be operated with prior written permission, provided they do not offend other visitors with excessive noise. (Please indicate on the application form).
11. Littering, including the throwing of confetti, rice or rose petals is prohibited. All rubbish must be removed from the Park when leaving. The Authority promotes a smoke and glass free venue.
12. Consumption of alcohol is not permitted without written permission, with the exception of one standard drink per person for toasting purposes.
13. The Authority does not reserve parking for events. Passengers may be set down and picked up from roadsides. Vehicles are not allowed to leave the roads or parking areas, or park in "no parking" zones. Parking is not permitted on Scenic Drive (entry road to Reabold Hill).
14. Your event will be entered in a diary to reduce the likelihood of a clash, but the BGPA cannot grant exclusive use of any part of Bold Park or allow any part to be cordoned off. Casual spectators and members of the public who happen to be present cannot be excluded from the site.
15. Your booking will not be confirmed until such time that you receive written approval from the BGPA.
16. Visitors must obey any lawful directions of the BGPA Chief Executive Officer or his delegate (for emergencies) and abide by the Botanic Gardens and Parks Regulations 1999, as construed and governed by the laws of Western Australia.
If you require further information please contact the Customer Services Officer.